Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gold and Silver Prices Reek of Suppression

It’s hard for me not to think it’s imminent. When I got into the gold market back in 2000 I read Frank Veneroso’s gold book. He suggested that the central banks, who said they had 35,000 tons of gold, probably only had 18,000 tons.

And I see data every year that suggests demand might exceed supply by 2,000 tons. So the metal can come from only one place -- (Western) central banks. That’s why I wrote the article in 2012, ‘Do They Have Any Gold Left?’ Then you see data points out of the U.S., where the U.S. is exporting 40 tons of gold one month, and the U.K. is exporting 112 tons to Switzerland one month, and the U.K. doesn’t even produce any gold -- so where is this gold coming from?

These numbers all reek of the suppression of the gold price and tell you the game will have an end date. I think we might be very close to that end date now. I know lots of your readers and listeners will have seen a comment by some reporter from Bloomberg who suggested that the Bank of England's vaults were empty now. [LAUGHTER.]

And I suspect that is very close to the truth -- that the supply is dwindling, and someday they just give up on it. Like they should be giving up on the policy of money printing. They accomplished nothing. We’re so misguided on all this stuff. It’s not working. All we’re doing is piling on the debt. Well, there is a cost to debt and that cost gets bigger all the time.

- Eric Sprott via a recent King World News interview